3 Things for Yesterday- Kalua Pork Quesadillas, Cutthroat Kitchen, and Overstock's HUGE Made in the USA Selection!

by - Friday, May 27, 2016




1. Kona Kitchen- One of our favorite Seattle restaurants that is SO close to our house! This place sells delicious Hawaiian food that reminds me of visits with my Mom. It also comes in GIANT plates, so our family shares one appetizer and one meal across three people (there is usually a good chunk left over too). Nothing fussy or ostentatious, just delicious food owned by some Seattle transplants! What are some of your favorite locally-owned restaurants where you live?

2. Cutthroat Kitchen- I blame Pag! While we were home, my dad and his wife were all over this show, and once he convinced me it is better watched without caring about actually culinary talent, I have been slightly addicted. It's getting bad, and I don't want to accidentally slip into liking Alton Brown. If I get to liking Alton Brown, please someone come and help me.

3.Overstock.com's HUGE Selection of Made in America Items- I know that often the products I list on here can be mighty expensive (making that Threshold table from Target look pretty attractive, even if it wasn't made ethically at all).

 I still recommend buying used first (so much cheaper, always the most eco-friendly option), but if you are looking for something more cost-effective and still made in the States, try checking out Overstock! They have SO MUCH STUFF- a rough count comes to 6,500 products. Tons of rugs. Deals on things I have recommended like Catskill Craftsman kitchen islands.

 It makes me feel happy about the universe to see how many options are still out there that I have barely even looked through yet, because it just shows again and again and again that "Made in China" is not inevitable, and that we can be reducing fossil fuel use and supporting our fellow American workers with every purchase we make.

You May Also Like

0 comments

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address: