Letter to Get Better- Sterilite, How About Some Recycled Plastic?

by - Friday, February 05, 2016

 This is a new weekly article where a mom with a shortage of hobbies and sleep harasses companies into making small but Earth-friendly changes to their regular deal. Please let me know if there is something or somebody you want to lovingly nudge toward doing the right thing, and I will join you in your quest!

Hello Sterilite!

Our family is hopelessly devoted to plastic bins. Hopelessly. And we have bought many of your fine products to stuff under beds and keep our basement in some sort of order. I love that you make your products in the US, and I think it is awesome your bins are one of the few things you can find in big stores like Walmart that is guaranteed to be made ethically!

Woot for American-made organizational tools! I really can't praise you enough for keeping your manufacturing in Massachusets, and for being so transparent about your manufacturing process on your website. I wish all companies were as forthcoming as you are.

That being said, I think you can do even better! Have you ever considered using recycled plastics for some of your products?

It has become clearer and clearer that plastics, like the ones you make your products out of, are having a really negative effect on the environment, especially the water. Do you know there will be more plastics than fish in the ocean by 2050? Scary! Since plastic can't really be destroyed, it is so important that we start identifying areas where plastic can be recycled.

So this is where you come in. I know I would never buy another plastic tub from anyone again if I had a good option that used recycled plastic. We have to find ways to put this plastic waste to work and to minimize the creation of more fresh plastic. I feel you as a company have the power to do this, and your history as a thoughtful and ethical company makes me believe you are up to the task.

I know you can do even better for our environment and our country. Be part of the solution! We believe in you!








You May Also Like

0 comments

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address: