Bumpwatch Week 22

by - Sunday, July 20, 2014







How Far Along: 22 Weeks! According to The Bump, Bumbo Baby is the size of a papaya, and it is getting eyelids and lips, so hopefully that is clearing up some of the face issues from the ultrasound! We could have a human baby yet!

Best Moment of the Week: I got up the nerve this week to try baby yoga (this felt like an accomplishment all on its own). I have never been a yoga person, but I always thought prego yoga was just a cute good idea. I really liked it, even though I felt a little self-conscious since clearly everyone else knew more about what they were doing than I. At the end, you just sit in the dark and meditate on your baby, how your every breath goes to your baby, etc, and I just sat there like a crazy person and cried. If it turns out I can't meditate without losing my mind, I might have to try another form of exercise laced with less public embarrassment. For now, I am really happy I did it.

Most Interesting Prego Quirk: Once you can feel your spawn move, it is weird when the baby isn't moving. Or sometimes you realize all of the sudden you haven't felt any dancing for a while, and it genuinely makes you nervous. Never fear, that sweet little parasite is a sleeping machine. It is still a weird side effect of the changes.

I Would Really Like Some: Maternity overalls. I keep thinking about buying them (The Boy is not impressed with the idea- he doesn't think a prego would be much help on a farm). I have really strong memories of my Aunt Gretchen wearing them when she was pregnant with my cousin Zach, and I just thought she was the most beautiful Prego ever. I feel like a white t-shirt, a pair of overalls, and a fresh haircut would be so cute, but alas I must be on my own, because they aren't really sold anywhere. The universe always sides with the Boy.
 
Bizarro Thing No One Warned me About: The public happy weeping ranks up there. I am emotional but not necessarily in a bad way? I definitely get sour faster than I usually would, and I find I am less willing to be cool with people's lack of support or some of the classic lines we have been hearing basically since we moved (saying "we will come visit after the baby is born" doesn't exactly give us a window since any time after November for the rest of our lives, the baby will be born- it is basically just saying "we won't come to see you this year." Also, saying any variation of "we thought about coming to see you, but then we decided to do something else" is just mean. Having these conversations over and over make me so grateful for visits like last week's with my Dad). I also have more trouble effectively swallowing anxiety and just going for things, which before this felt like a strength of mine. Being more emotional seems anything but surprising, but I like that I also feel uncontrollably happy a lot of the time. Yesterday, I was just giddy to be hanging out with The Boy. That part is a nice perk. 

And The Boy?: We are petty close to decided on first name (though I think we won't make a final decision until we meet him), so he has started coming up with middle names. He has mostly been trying to use twords (Gandlepuff, Voldevader, etc) or fighting for Gort.

Looking Forward to: Heading home for a quick weekend for my class reunion. I am excited to see some old friends and give my Nana and Poppop a hug. I am a little nervous about the flying, because it is a whole lot of flying, but I am a whole lot of woman, so I think I can handle all the travel coming up. 

You May Also Like

0 comments

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address: