Flash Back Friday- Our Best Etsy Wedding Buys

by - Friday, May 20, 2016

I talk about buying from Etsy all the time on this blog, but this reminds me of a time when we really practiced what I preach. You won't find more beautiful and unique wedding details anywhere- combine them with things you find used and things you make yourself, you can have a wedding that is perfectly you. Plus, you can support artists and makers here in the US instead of getting something cookie cutter that sends your money far away! So cool. 

etsy.com
So we have reached another milestone in our wedding preparation- we are too close to the  wedding to shop on etsy! It probably won't come in time! In honor of that, I thought I should list our most successful buys. Obviously, by this point, most people know Etsy is a great place to shop for weddings, but we have only had good experiences with it. People have been so enthusiastic to help us figure out the perfect thing and we are hopefully going to get a ton of mileage out of these details. 

We bought this stamp, which we used on our invitations, thank yous, programs, etc from Doodlebug Design (check it here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/doodlebugdesign). The stamp is adorable and we didn't even realize she would personalize it, but she went out of her way to make it specifically "us."


Etsy is nothing if not FULL off accessories, but Barberry and Lace (http://www.etsy.com/shop/barberryandlace) sells really adorable and affordable studs in colors that you can't find on every other site, even though these are super popular. Plus they shipped super fast, so if I had a last minute bridezilla earring binge, this would be a good place to go.


My mom bought us a cake topper like this one (but it matches us!!)from lollipop workshop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/lollipopworkshop). If you are getting married this year you are probably out of luck, because it takes a while, but I think this will be one of the best details from our wedding. The plan is to buy a case so we can keep it on display throughout our marriage. It's also very special because it was a gift from my mom. Lollipop workshop's "elves" (as they call themselves) are quick to communicate and open to new ideas while still being efficient.


Ok,I have already sung New Borrowed and Blue's praises, but Krissy was ridiculously awesome (her store is here-  http://www.etsy.com/shop/NewBorrowedAndBlue)! No matter what your style (they have a lot more traditional ones, but I thought this was super cute), you can find great stationary and wedding invites on Etsy. If you are only going to buy one thing from Etsy for your wedding, I would 100% recommend invitations, because you can get better value for something more original than you would get somewhere else. And if you find someone as absolutely great as Krissy at this store, doing this part is actually a relatively fun exercise (we have also gotten a lot of excitement and compliments around the invites, so it can be a cool way to get people excited).


I bought the Boy this cake server for valentine's day from Julie the Fish Designs (http://www.etsy.com/shop/juliethefish). It cost about the same as those fancy pants ones you buy at a party supply store, but I got to put an inside joke on it and we can use it for the rest of our lives. I am pretty pumped about it, and Juliee had a great sense of humor about our craziness.

I bought Petey's bow tie at Handmade by Emy ( http://www.etsy.com/shop/HandmadeByEmy), and it came even faster than we expected. Plus, you just have to feel joy about a world where you can buy baby bow ties on the interwebs.



Another awesome place where Etsy really rocks is flower girl's dresses, and we bought Aubrey's at Olivia Kate Couture ( http://www.etsy.com/shop/OliviaKateCouture). It isn't anything as colorful (or expensive) as this number, but if you want  the kids to bring a real cute factor, this is a good route to go. We are still waiting for this to come in, but I feel confident it will be fantastic because they clearly love what they do and haven't been anything but super responsive  and helpful.


 Ah! Every time I get to the next thing i freak out about how much I loved it! Yay etsy! I bought the bridesmaids' bracelets from Jennifer Jones Jewelry (http://www.etsy.com/shop/JenniferJonesJewelry) and she was probably the kindest and most enthusiastic person who has helped me in the whole course of wedding. She is fantastic and I am already plotting more ways to buy things from her in the future. The jewelry she made for the wedding totally fits our colors, and they are super quirky and different. And I am not kidding you, she is the best ever.


We are doing photo props at every table, and we got our fanciest "special" one for each table from Maro Designs ( http://www.etsy.com/shop/MaroDesigns). They have the most creative and well-made ones we have seen anywhere. I am super pumped to watch people play with them and I am sure most of them will be taken away at the end of the party. Also, Maro Designs chatted with me about the wedding and even gave me a discount! I think it is just fun to do something other than the mustaches, so we will see how these go over.
Lastly, the Boy got me this for my birthday (we are both looking forward to having holidays back again! No more decor as gifts!), it is a guestbook from Silhouette Weddings (http://www.etsy.com/shop/Silhouetteweddings). Right how, it just looks like us in silhouette carrying very sharp sticks, but I think it will look super cute when it is done, and it can hopefully stay up somewhere in our house (like an office or hall?) after the wedding.

Ok, so clearly we went etsy crazy for our wedding, but I strongly suggest if you are planning a wedding poking around on the site. You get to give your money to a real person, not some faceless corporation, and often you can work out the details that make things a little more fun. I am excited about it anyway.

Also, 7 weeks! I think it is 48 days today! How crazy is that?!?! ( I know every week I sound surprised, but I genuinely am!)

You May Also Like

0 comments

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address: