Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Thinking about great watercolor washes today, as mine did not go completely well yesterday. I kept thinking of old Winnie the Pooh, which has a beautiful watercolor effect going on.
2. These lyrics from Muppet Christmas Carol:
Bless us all with playful years
With noisy games and joyful tears
We reach for you
And we stand tall
And in our prayers and dreams we ask you
Bless us all
I think this song has always slipped by my consciousness (I mean, it follows the hottest jam in Muppet Christmas Carol), but the lyrics are so sweet.
3. Watercolor on butcher paper- It is a bad idea. On the other hand, tomorrow's lesson partially addresses texture, so let's call this a lemonade type of situation.
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Only now that I review this blog do I realize the dinosaur is in the background of this picture. But he loves music as much as anybody.
6. Instagram- oy. This is a drug I should have just stayed away from, but Windows phone added the app two weeks ago, and it is weirdly addicting. Odd because it isn't all that different from lots of the other things I already use. Also odd, because I am not sure I enjoy hipster filters. Have you followed me yet?
8. The Mistletones- God bless my sister-in-law. When she picks a horrible ABC Christmas special, tells us we all have to watch us, and dares us not to like it, she turns out to be completely right. Like 100%. That movie was awful, but just chilling on the couch with them and laughing about Tori Spelling was exactly what I needed. It is truly an awful movie, for the record.
10. Staying up until 2 when we have to leave for the airport at 3:30-I am glad we aren't grown up enough yet to make mature, responsible decisions. Maturity is overrated. On the other hand, pretzels and late night chats are grossly underrated. The trip couldn't have ended in a nicer way.
12. Lazy days at home- The Boy reverts to his 16 year old self when we go home, so it is nice when we get back here and can just focus on each other, pizza, and how ridiculous How I Met Your Mother has been this season.